Thursday 1 March 2007

BURN, EUROPEAN BUS DRIVER, BURRRRRN! - or, vengeance is sweet.

Ha ha hadi ha ha!

Okay, so I missed my normal bus, right? I have to catch two buses to get home instead.

BACKGROUND INFO:

When I catch the normal bus, I catch a train afterwards. Normally I use my SmartRider, but if I pay in money, I pay 60c. This is fine, I think (I've never actually been inspected). So, I reason, 60c should be fine for catching the two buses. After all, the ticket says "Concession, 2 zone".

BACK TO THE PRESENT (NOT THE WRAPPED SORT):

I get on the first bus, pay 60c (thinking it would be fine), and get off at my stop. I then go to the next stop. Upon getting into the bus, I present my ticket.

(European Driver shakes head)

NICK: Sorry?

EUROPEAN DRIVER (In heavy russian-ish accent): Nuh, dickhead, this 60 cent. Not for two buses, you know that, dickhead. You need 90 cent. 60 cent only two zones.

NICK: But I'm only going two zones.

EUROPEAN DRIVER: Nuh, dickhead! Not for two bus!

NICK: But it says on the ticket, 2 zones.

EUROPEAN DRIVER: Nuh, dickhead, nuh! You must 90 cent for two bus, dickhead. 60 cent, 2 stop 12 stop not matter, but two buses 90 cent, dickhead!

-DISCLAIMER-
I understand that I had paid the wrong fee, and I would have been more than happy to pay the extra money for another ticket, had the bus driver been less, umm... of a "dickhead".

NICK: Okay, I'll pay for another ticket.

EUROPEAN DRIVER (more to self than Nick): Good, dickhead. You catch bus, you should know, dickhead. I think you know, dickhead.

(Nick pays the fee and goes to sit with asociates on the bus)

But guess who wins the whole affair?

ME!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

I got home and called the Transperth comment line. I gave them the time, bus number, route number, and the stop. So the European bus driver will probably go hungry for the next 6 months.

I WIN!

Ha ha hadi ha ha!

No comments: